If you want the best bike racks for garage storage so your bikes won’t be damaged or your living space won’t get cluttered up, this is the place to check them out. By the end of this in-depth review, you will get your favorite one that best fits your needs.
- Top 10 Best Hybrid Bikes Under 500$ Review In 2019
- Top 13 Best Beach Cruiser Bikes For Both Men & Women [2019 Update]
- Top 9 Best Mountain Bikes Under 500$ Reviews (2019 Update)
Table of Contents
- Top 14 Best Bike Racks For Garage Storage Reviews In 2019
- Fleximounts 4×8 Overhead Garage Storage Rack
- Monkey Bars Bike Storage Rack
- Steadyrack Classic Bike Rack
- Delta Michelangelo Canaletto Two Four Bike Rack
- RAD Cycle Bike Lift Hoist
- Saris Cycle Glide
- Feedback Sports Velo Cache 2 Bike Storage Rack
- Swagman Hang It Bike Storage
- Feedback Sports RAKK Bicycle Storage Stand
- Bike Nook Bicycle Stand
- Feedback Sports Velo Wall Rack
- CyclingDeal 5 Bike Bicycle Floor Parking Rack Storage Stand
- Bike Lane Bicycle Storage Lift Bike Hoist
- TEKTON 7644 Heavy Duty Bike Hooks, Ceiling Mount, 2-Piece
- The Ultimate Guide To Choosing Best Bike Racks for Garage Storage In 2019
Top 14 Best Bike Racks For Garage Storage Reviews In 2019
Fleximounts 4×8 Overhead Garage Storage Rack
Want the best overhead bike rack so your bikes won’t get damaged by water or sharp pieces on the garage floor? This garage ceiling bike rack will get the job done.
Unlike other racks with separate frame and wire, this rack sports a heavy-duty steel construction that can hold up to 600 lbs of load.
You can easily adjust the height of the frame from 22 to 40 inches to fit the space in your garage most comfortably.
Extra hooks and clamps can be added to secure your bikes on the frame.
The rack works well with wood and concrete joists. It does not work with metal joists, however.
In the package, you will find tough M8 screws to properly secure the storage frame.
Hanging the bike this way, you need to hook it on its rims, which for some people may not sound very appealing.
The instruction manuals are quite useless in helping you with the assembly.
Looking at the big picture, this 2-bike to 4-bike rack is very well-built for easy storage of your heavy bikes or outside bicycles.
- Heavy-duty cold-rolled steel construction for safe loading up to 600lbs
- Adjustable height from 22” to 40” to hang your bikes most securely
- Universally compatible with wood and concrete joists
- Best quality M8 screws included for the 3X loading power
- The instruction manual is not very helpful
- Assembly can be tricky
- Bikes are hooked upside down on the rims
Monkey Bars Bike Storage Rack
If you are looking for the durable Monkey Bars to hook up your bikes, this is your best stop.
This is a 6-bike rack that takes up the weight of 450 lbs. Each J hook is made from steel coated with rubber to hold a bike up to 75 lbs without scratching its rims or painting.
Thanks to the commercial-grade steel system of the rod, you can stack your bikes up together without worrying about them being chipped or rusted.
Installing this wall mounted bike rack takes only 15 minutes. The process is super straightforward.
You can install the rack on the outside of a building, however, it is not highly recommended.
You would need to make sure that you have a sturdy wall framing and something to protect your bikes from the weather.
Because of its construction, this rack is not ideal to hook fat-tire bikes. You may need to upgrade to bigger hangers for that purpose.
Also, the max loading strength of 75 lbs may not be the best to hold tricycles.
Other than that, this Monkey bars rack works like magic to keep your bikes clean and safe.
- Monkey bars to hook 6 bikes at a time easily
- Commercial-grade steel system to resist against scratches, rusts & chips
- Wall-mounted bike rack to save floor space & time installing
- Adjustable J hooks to slide easily from bike to bike
- Not highly recommended to install on the outside of a building
- Fat tire bikes may not fit the rack very well
- The ideal to hook tricycles
Steadyrack Classic Bike Rack
If you don’t want to do any heavy lifting when putting your bike on the rack, then this vertical bike rack might do the trick for you.
With its perpendicular rack design, you can easily pick the bike up on its rear wheel and place it into place. You won’t experience any back or joint pain from doing so.
This minimal bike rack is super easy to install. You can save lots of space if you’re living in a small apartment or house.
The downside to this vertical rack is that you need to buy each separate one for each of your bikes. The planning part can be tricky due to the design of your house.
Overall, this is a sturdy rack that works well, saves space, and fits various types of bike.
- Vertical bike rack saves lots of floor space & requires no heavy lifting
- Fits many types of bike from road bikes to hybrid bikes with 20-29” tires
- Steel & UV treated plastic to hold a bike up to 77 lbs without scratching
- A lightweight rack that can be installed anywhere inside the house
- Need to buy each separate rack for each bike
- Planning where to install the rack is the tricky part
Delta Michelangelo Canaletto Two Four Bike Rack
If you don’t like hooking your bikes on one wheel, then this center vertical bike rack may suit your needs well.
Thanks to the gravity design, the bike has arms to secure your bike frame nicely in balance.
You can reposition the arms to fit the height of your bikes. It can hold 2 to 4 bikes at once.
The rack leaves a small footprint and can be easily installed in your garage, living room, or bedroom.
Be aware though, that this may not work well for hooking 2 large mountain bikes. Some people find the arms wobbly.
You also need to make sure that you have at least 82 inches from floor to ceiling for the stand to fit in. In lower ceilings, it may not be the right fit.
Other than that, you can safely put your bike on this stand without worrying about it affecting the balance of your bike frame.
- Center vertical bike stand that keeps your bike frame well-balanced
- Adjustable arms to reposition the bikes at your willing
- Small footprint design that is perfect for garage, living room, & bedroom
- Not the best to hook mountain bikes
- Some find the arms quite wobbly
- Won’t work well for low ceiling
RAD Cycle Bike Lift Hoist
This ceiling bike hoist system will save you a lot of floor space and holds bikes as heavy as 100 lbs.
It is very easy to pull the ropes to lift the bike up. The unique pulley system works without requiring much of your energy. A teenager or kid can even do so easily.
With the safe locking mechanism, you can secure your bikes in place without worrying about the accidental release. You can safely walk underneath the area.
Together with the double-hook design, you can place your bike in a balanced position. The rubber-coated hooks won’t affect the paint job on your bikes.
This system is not designed to for laying your bike horizontally. If you want to lift an adult 3-wheeler, you may need to add extra ropes for extra strength.
Overall, the hoist can save you a ton of space and energy lifting it up by yourself.
- Ceiling bike rack construction to lift heavy bikes as heavy as 100 lbs
- Safe locking mechanism to secure your bikes & avoid accidental release
- Two hooks to store your bike in a balanced position
- Rubber coated hooks so the paint coating won’t be affected
- Not designed to lay the bike horizontally
- Extra ropes may be needed to hook adults 3-wheeler
Saris Cycle Glide
For those who love a bike rack with sliding bars, this is the one to check out!
The rack effortlessly carries 4 bikes, each on its own bar connected to sliding rods.
This way, you can easily pick the bike you want at any time without them getting stuck together.
The material is 100% rust-resistant so no rusts or debris will get onto your bike frame.
Built-in this system is standard hooks that work well for tires up to 2.5 inches thick. For big fat tires, you may need to upgrade to larger U-shape hangers.
What was not impressive about this model is the loading power. It can only take a 50-lb bike on each bar.
Also, because this is an overhead storage system, it is not ideal for people with neck pain. You will need to lookup multiple times to take the bike down for repeated uses.
After all, the rack still scores points because of its unique gliding system so each bike has its own space. You will also be able to choose them easily.
- Ceiling mounted indoor 4-bike rack that is rust-resistant for your ease of use
- Effortlessly store your bikes up within your arm’s length
- Works well with tires up to 2.5 inches thick
- Not very impressive loading power (50 lbs for each hook)
- Not ideal for riders with neck pain or short riders
- Standard hooks don’t work with 4-inch fat tires
Feedback Sports Velo Cache 2 Bike Storage Rack
This awesome free-standing bike rack is like no other. Hate drilling holes on your ceilings or walls that could make your house look ugly? Well, this is the solution.
Thanks to the free-standing setup, the rack requires absolutely no holes to mount on the wall or ceiling. It is also incredibly quick and easy to install.
At the base of the stand, you will find a 3-legged design that can support a weight up to 80 lbs per bike.
To protect your bike from damage, the whole column is built with anodized aluminum that is rust-resistant and soft rubber for the most stable grip.
Adjusting the cradle arms makes it versatile to hold various types and sizes of bike from mountain to cruiser bikes.
Because this is a bike stand, it does take up some floor space (although not so much). Be sure to check that you have enough room for the stand because it is 83 inches tall.
We highly recommend this rack to people who are not very handy with drilling holes or tightening bolts.
Also, it is the perfect solution that leaves no “scars” on the beautiful surfaces of your walls and ceilings.
- Free-standing bike rack that leaves no ugly marks on your wall or ceiling
- Super stable 3-legged base to support up to 80 lbs
- An anodized aluminum column with soft rubber to protect your bicycle’s finish
- Cradle arms are adjustable to hold various types and sizes of bike
- It does take up some floor space
- Can be quite high for houses with ceiling lower than 83 inches
Swagman Hang It Bike Storage
If you want a small storage stand that is easy to set up and take down, then this is the best choice for your needs.
The most unique feature this system has is the extendable rod. You can secure the rod in place up to 9 ft from floor to ceiling.
With the height-adjustable hooks, the stand will comfortably accommodate different bike types from mountain to single speed bikes.
However, you may notice that this rod is quite thin. Also, the base may be too small to offer optimal support.
Other than these two drawbacks, this thing works. You can get the 2-bike, 4-bike, or 5-bike pack models depending on your needs.
- Extendable rod from floor to ceiling to secure the bikes
- Height-adjustable hooks to fit different kinds of bikes and sizes
- Simple components for the easiest setup and take-down
- The rod is quite thin
- The base may not offer the optimal support
Feedback Sports RAKK Bicycle Storage Stand
For riders who have those expensive carbon frame bicycles or people living in tiny apartments, this bike stand is the best option for your needs.
It holds either your front or rear wheel nicely in place without damaging any of the other components.
If you want, you can modify the stand to stand your bike up vertically. This is a good way to free up some space in small houses.
Also, the stand works nicely with big tires like those of the mountain bikes.
You will get this thing installed in a matter of minutes because it is very simple to set up.
While some folks love to ride their bike stationary while it is on the stand, keep in mind that this is not possible. Also, if you have multiple bikes, you need to buy several stands.
Despite that, this thing is relatively cheap. If you don’t want a bike stand to touch your expensive bike frame or rims, then this is the best solution on the market.
- Spring-loaded arms to hold your bikes’ wheels & not touch the precious frame
- Can be modified to hook the bike vertically
- Compatible with mountain bikes with 29-inch tires
- Really easy assembly to stand your bike in a matter of minutes
- You can’t ride the bike stationary while it is on this stand
- One stand works with one bike
Bike Nook Bicycle Stand
If you want a small stand that does no damage to your bikes, then this is the one for you.
With this design, you can keep the bike in an upright handstand position that saves a lot of space in your room or garage.
You won’t experience the issues of the bike falling off and scratching your cars.
Also, the stand won’t damage the bike’s thanks to the low-profile seat tube holder.
Putting this thing together takes no time at all, even your kids can do it.
Although the stand works well for most bicycles, it may not be suitable for bikes with a big rear basket or cargo rack. It does fine with rear fender, though.
Also, you would want to look for something bigger to hold your fat tire mountain bikes.
Other than that, this is a good solution that doesn’t leave marks on your bikes’ frame, rims, or wheels.
- Upright handstand position to keep your bike from scratching cars in the garage
- No more scratching on the bike thanks to the clever seat tube holder
- Simple to put together so that kids can learn how to do it
- Keeps your bikes inside to protect it against weather
- May not work with bikes with a basket
- Not suitable for big tires of 4.5 inches
Feedback Sports Velo Wall Rack
This wall-mounted bike rack is a compact option for folks who need a rock-solid holder for their bikes.
Installing this rack on the wall stud is an incredibly easy task. You do need to drill some holes and use the tools, though.
With the movable rubber claws, the rack can accommodate bikes with crossbars like your fixies or mountain bikes and those with curved bars like your beach cruisers.
Thanks to the compact design, you don’t have to deal with knobs or complicated adjustments. It also saves you floor and ceiling space.
This thing may not be the best for mountain bikes with wide handlebars because the wheel tends to turn.
You will need to drill holes on your wall to hook this up. If you are not okay with this, then the rack may not be for you. If you are fine with this, it works exceptionally well.
As a recap on the strengths of this wall rack, you can hook your 27-lb full suspension bike or 50-lb electric bike easily without having to do lots of heavy lifting. Awesome stuff!
- Wall-mounted bike rack that is quick & easy to install on a wall stud
- Adjustable rubber claws to hold crossbar or curved top tube easily
- Super compact design saving you floor & ceiling space
- Not the best for mountain bikes because of their wide handlebars
- You need to drill holes on your wall
- Would need multiple racks for multiple bikes
CyclingDeal 5 Bike Bicycle Floor Parking Rack Storage Stand
Buying individual bike stand sounds like too much hassle for your awesome bike collection? Then check out this 5-bike floor parking rack right here.
The rack system is designed with good spacing between each holder so no bike parts will touch or scratch each other.
Thanks to the high-quality coating, you can use the bike rack outdoors as well as indoors.
The spacious rack is good enough for 29er mountain bikes and road bikes.
It does fine with 16” kids bike although not the best out there.
You may not extend the system to hold more bikes because the length is fixed. However, you may if you have the right kit.
In summary, the solution works if you have more than 1 bike in your family and want a solid rack to hold them all in one place.
- High-quality rack to hold 5 bikes with good spacing between them
- Coated with shining powder so you can use indoor & outdoor
- Works with big mountain bike tires as well as road bikes
- May not suit smaller tires
- May not be extended to hold the 6th bike
Bike Lane Bicycle Storage Lift Bike Hoist
Equipped with robust engineering, this bike lift storage hoist system can hold your heavy bikes in place securely.
Coupled with the strong lock mechanism, you won’t experience any wobbly hanging issue or the bike falling off the ceiling.
Setting up the system requires very few tools. However, there are no instruction manuals in the box to help beginners. This can be confusing and is a downside.
With soft rubber claws, you can hang your bike up without worrying about any “scars” on its beautiful finish.
You can’t lay the bikes horizontally with this thing, though.
Other than those points, the system delivers a rock-solid power to keep your bike safe in the air.
- Robust engineering to hook objects up to 125 lbs of weight
- Secure safety lock system so your bike won’t fall off on the floor
- Overhead ceiling mount rack that requires minimum tools to set up
- Rubber coated hooks to protect your bikes from being chipped
- Does not lift bikes horizontally
- No instruction manuals to help new users
TEKTON 7644 Heavy Duty Bike Hooks, Ceiling Mount, 2-Piece
Want an inexpensive option to hang your bikes and organize cluttered garages? Well, this is the choice.
These heavy-duty J hooks can take a load of over 100 lbs. For most bikes, this capacity would certainly deliver.
With the non-marring, non-slip coating, your bike can be secured in place without leaning off-center.
These huge hooks can hold bikes with thick tires up to 4.8 inches. Because of this, it may not be the best option for smaller bikes like a kids bike.
To install the hooks, you may need to use a stud finder. It will work fine on wood or concrete roof.
All in all, here is your most inexpensive bike rack to declutter your living space and protect your bike from sharp objects or scratches.
- Heavy-duty hooks to hang bikes over 100 lbs
- A protective coating so your rims won’t be affected
- Can hook bikes with 4.8-inch tires without any issues
- Needs a stud finder
- Hooks may be too big for smaller tires
The Ultimate Guide To Choosing Best Bike Racks for Garage Storage In 2019
Type of House
If you have a bigger living space, then you can consider getting the overhead storage in your garage, the pulley system, or some Monkey Bars.
These storage systems can save you lots of floor space and help organize your garage and bikes in a much more tidy fashion.
Be aware, though, that these things require setting up and some heavy lifting.
If you have limited space, getting a bike stand, a free-standing rack, or storage hooks may be the best option for you.
These types of bike racks are inexpensive. They require much less time to set up and work well.
Number of Bikes
Basically, this is the question of how many bikes do you own?
If you only have one bike, then get the 1-bike rack. There are some models that you can hook on the wall and some other where you can secure the bikes on their wheels.
If you have 2 to 4 bikes, then consider getting a 2-bike or 4-bike rack. There are many designs for this purpose. If you like to save floor space, get the overhead bike storage system. If you want to hang them in your living room, you can try the wall-mounted system.
If you have a collection of more than 4 bikes, you can get the Monkey Bars or 5-bike bike stand pack. These work well for the whole family.
Weight of Your Bikes
How heavy does your bike weigh? Many bikes weigh around 27 up to over 50 lbs.
While this is no problem for a heavy-duty system that can take up a load of 70-80 lbs per hook, you may want to check the weight capacity on a smaller system like individual hangers.
Your Bikes’ Tires
Because of the design, some bike racks will fit more average-sized tires like 20, 24, 26, etc.
For big mountain bikes with fat 29-inch tires, you may want to have a bigger and strong hook.
Also, tires on a kid’s bike around 16 inches may not fit very well on some models. It may cause the bike to not stand properly in place.
Many people don’t want the racks to touch their expensive carbon frame. That’s why they get the vertical stand where the system will hold their bikes’ seat tube.
Other people don’t like the clamps to damage their rims, that’s why the bike stand that sits the bike on its wheels works in this situation.
If you don’t want your bike to lean too much to the left or right, then you should get the center vertical stand. It keeps your bikes in balance.
1. How do you put a bike rack on the wall?
The process is different for different types of bike rack. However, here are the basic steps you can do:
Step #1: Plan out space.
Basically, where do you want to hang your bike? You would need to leave enough space from the floor up and the ceiling down for the best space and visual
Step #2: Drill the holes
Use your favorite electric drill or cordless drill to make the holes on your wall. Oftentimes, 2 holes are fine.
Depending on the size of your wall-mounted bike rack, you will need to use the appropriate rod size.
Step #3: Hook some stud
After drilling the holes, plug some wall studs into them.
Step #4: Put your rack on the stud
That’s basically it! Now you will have a secure and strong place to hang your bikes.
2. How do I store my bike in my apartment?
You have various options:
Use a bike stand: This system holds your bike on its front or rear wheel. The best thing about it is that it is so compact. You don’t even need to drill holes on the walls or ceiling. Just stand the bike on the rack and voila, it’s all good.
Use a bike rack: This is a free-standing bike rack that requires no drilling which could disturb your neighbors. Your landlord may not allow you to drill holes in your apartment rooms. This simple solution saves tons of headaches and keeps your bike secure.
Use hooks or wall-mounted racks: If they are okay with holes on their walls or ceilings, you can try out the hooks or wall-mounted racks. These are inexpensive options that leave a small footprint in your apartment. They are strong enough to hook your bikes.
Getting the best bike racks is important to keep your bikes from scratching the cars or being scratched. It also helps free up more living space. Hope you found the post helpful. Thanks for reading!