Looking for the best bike rack for Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, JL, or TJ?
You’ve come to the right place. Our detailed review of the top 14 bike racks will help you find the most fitting model for your need. Let’s jump to our search right now!
- Top 16 Best Bike Racks For Suv Reviews In 2020 [NEW LIST]
- Top 15 Best Hitch Bike Racks Reviews In 2020 [NEW LIST]
- Top 14 Best Bike Racks for Garage Storage Reviews In 2020
Table of Contents⇅
Top 12 Best Bike Rack For Jeep Wrangler Reviews In 2020
Thule 963Pro Jeep Wrangler Bike Rack
If you want the best bike rack for your 2008, 2015, or 2019 Jeep Wrangler, then this is the go-to choice.
With a wide plate and nuts, the rack can be easily installed on the spare tire within 30 minutes. You can keep the tire on during your trip.
Thanks to the stay-put cradle with anti-sway cages, your bikes are securely locked in place even during over the bumpiest trails.
Built with strong carbon frame and adjustable arms, the rack can hook up to 2 bikes with each weighing at 75 lbs. It works perfectly with mountain bikes, women’s bikes, etc.
The issue you may find is the thickness of the install plate. Because it is quite thick, the nuts may not go all the way into the spare tire to keep it in place.
Also, the threaded fasteners may be stripped when you extend them a bit too much. If your car has a rear camera, unfortunately this bike rack is not the ideal option.
All in all, this is a simple, functional bike rack to hook your bikes on your next adventures.
- Attaches to the spare tire so you don’t need to remove it
- Load capacity 75 lbs per cradle & can carry up to 2 bikes
- Stay-put cradles with anti-sway cages to hold bikes securely in place
- Arms can be folded down when not in use to save space
- The plate may be too thick for the nuts
- The threaded fasteners may be stripped when extended
- Does not work on cars with rear camera
Allen Sports 2-Bike Jeep Wrangler Bike Rack
Looking for the perfect bike rack fit for your Jeep Wrangler Unlimited or a 31×10.5 spare tire on a 15″ rim? Well then, you must check out this model.
With the most innovative wide bottom foot, the rack can easily support the weight of your bikes (up to 140 lbs) while still holding on nicely to the spare tire rim.
Thanks to its patented tie-down locking mechanism, your bikes will stay nicely in place during your trip.
Loading the bikes on the rack is super easy thanks to its narrow carry arms. It helps you balance the bikes quickly and easily.
Although this model fits the Wrangler Unlimited, this is not the choice for Jeep Wrangler JL model. Luckily, there is another model available if that fits your need.
Note that this rack does not ship fully assembled. However, installing the rack is super easy.
Even though the locking system is secure, it may not be the easiest on your bike’s paint.
Other than those drawbacks, this bike rack certainly delivers at such a sweet price point.
- Innovative wide profile bottom foot to support the rack weight & the bikes
- Patented individual tie-down system to hold your bikes gently & properly
- Narrow carry arms for the easiest & quickest loading
- Easily accommodate 2 bikes with a load of 70 lbs each
- Does not fit the new Jeep Wrangler JL model
- Not fully assembled upon arrival
- The buckle and strap locking mechanism may scratch the paint
Hollywood SR1 2-Bike Jeep Wrangler Bike Rack
If you don’t want to remove your backup camera or spare tire when installing a bike rack, then this is the model you have been looking for.
This design allows the perfect installation on tires up to 12 inches wide. It works well for cars with camera as well.
Because the rack ships fully assembled, you don’t need to waste more time setting it up. This process may trip many people up and take them at minimum 30 minutes.
Also, because the support arms are centered, the rack can hold side mountain bike tires nicely.
Even though this design is well thought out, the load capacity is surprisingly low. It holds only 35 lbs per arm. So, definitely this won’t work for your e-bikes.
If you have some models like kid’s bikes or mountain bikes, you may need an extra top tube adapter for the most secure fit.
Overall, the rack delivers reliable results even on longer trips.
- The rack system supports spare tires up to 12 inches wide
- Suitable for cars with backup camera at the rear
- Ships fully assembled so you don’t need to waste time
- Support arms are centered to hold side mountain bike tires
- The load capacity is low
- May require a top tube adapter for some bike models
Yakima Sparetime Jeep Wrangler Bike Rack
Jeep Wrangler, Honda CR-V, or Toyota RAV, this Yakima bike rack can handle it all.
Included in the box is a 60-inch locking cable for the best protection on the road.
Thanks to its smart design, your bikes won’t come into contact with each other. This significantly reduces potential scratching.
The rubber straps also make it gentle on your precious bike’s paint.
With the powder-coated steel frame, you can easily install it onto your car’s spare tire.
If you’re heading outdoor for some weekend camping or picnic, you can also use the rack as a bottle openers for some nice cold beer.
The only drawback, however, is that the mounting holes are a bit too narrow. Some folks have found it hard to hook the second bike on the rack.
But other than that, this Yakima rack is awesome when it comes to durability. Quality stuff!
- Included 60-inch locking cable for extra protection
- Smart design to avoid bike-to-bike contact for minimum scratching
- Powder-coated steel frame with included bottle openers for convenience
- The mounting holes are a bit too narrow
- Quite difficult to hook the second bike for some users
Hollywood Jeep Wrangler Bike Rack
If you want a dependable bike rack that works universally with many bolt patterns on your tire, then this is the one to choose.
With its simple design, all you have to do is hook it onto your spare tire’s and screw the knob.
Even in sandy areas or places with a lot of dust, the bike rack holds up well against corrosion.
The rubber tie downs are excellent even after a long period of use. They keep your bikes securely in place while make it gentle on the paint coat.
Unfortunately, this rack is not made for 2018 Jeep Wrangler. It is not powerful enough to hold your electric bikes because the arm can only take 35 lbs each.
It can be a bit heavy to open the rack when you have two bikes on. However, when it comes to durability and quality, the rack certainly hits the top benchmark.
- Universal plate that fits on most bolt patterns of many spare tires
- Simple design makes it easy to install
- Minimal rust even after long period of use for the best durability
- Super strong rubber tie downs that hold up well over time
- Not suitable for 2018 Jeep Wrangler
- A bit heavier to open when you have 2 bikes on the rack
- Not powerful enough to hold electric bikes
Yakima SpareRide 2 Bike Jeep Wrangler Bike Rack
Looking for the best bike rack for your Jeep Wrangler JL? Well, look no further, because here is the best one for your need.
Many people hate sneaky thieves stealing their bikes when they are on the rear racks hidden from view.
However, with the smart SKS locking system, your bikes are fully protected against any malicious acts.
With its super strong ZIpStrips, the frame is kept well in place without swaying to avoid potential damages.
SuperCush cradles make it easy for you to load and unload the bikes. This is especially helpful for folks who have back pain or knee pain.
The universal size should fit on many spare tire sizes. However, it might be a bit of a challenge for those oversized tires.
Also, don’t use the rack for 70-lb bikes because it is not designed for such high load.
Overall, a great model that leaves you worry-free when traveling on the road.
- SKS locking system to protect your bikes from theft
- Strong ZipStrips to hold your bikes in place & avoid any damages
- SuperCush cradles make it easy to load & unload the bikes
- Universal fit that work on many spare tire sizes
- Does not work for 70-lb bikes
- Might be a bit challenging for oversized tires
Smittybilt 76713 Jeep Wrangler Bike Rack
From 1997 to 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ, this amazing heavy-duty bike roof rack can support your whole family’s collection of bikes up to 700 lbs.
Made specifically from heavy-duty steel, the frame is durable and dependable.
You can easily remove the crossbars to load your stuff on. WIth its powder-coated tubes, your bikes have a great foundation to lean on.
Be aware, though, because this is a roof rack, it can be quite tricky for newbies to install. You may need to order professional installation.
Also, even though the tubes are coated, the layer of coating is quite thin. It would be more desirable if the crossbars were a bit thicker.
However, if you have a lot of bikes and want something truly heavy-duty, then this is the best choice you can get!
- Heavy-duty roof rack to hold up to 700 lbs
- Removable crossbars for easy loading
- High-quality steel construction with strong brackets for durability
- Installation can be a headache for beginners
- The powder coat is quite thin
- Crossbar thickness is not desirable
Trail FX J029T Jeep Wrangler Bike Rack
Want a good roof rack that fits aftermarket bumpers nicely? Then you should have a look at this one!
Unlike many low-quality half rack models, this is a high-quality full rack model that will fit the entire roof of your Jeep.
For roof racks, the set-up time of around 1 hour is average or even quite fast. WIth this model, you can save valuable time because the installation is easy.
It works well for 2014 JKu model. But be aware that the rack does make very loud noise when you are driving.
Also, the instructions in the box are not very helpful. This is not great at all for folks who are not handy.
Overall, the rack can hold your stuff well and securely in place, especially your bikes.
- Full rack to accommodate more than just your bikes
- Easy install that takes around 1 hour
- Works great on JKU 2014 model
- Fits aftermarket bumpers nicely
- Loud wind noise when driving
- Instructions are not helpful
EAG Jeep Wrangler Bike Rack
If you want to hold multiple bikes on your car roof, you should check out this Jeep Wrangler bike rack.
Its max capacity is 300 lbs. That is a lot of space for your 5-6 bikes.
The special thing about this version is its front wind deflector. Many people get annoyed because of the squeaky noises roof racks make while driving.
Thanks to this nice add-on, you won’t experience that any more.
Also, it is nice to know that you won’t have to drill any holes on your lovely Jeep to mount this rack. You don’t even need to make any modifications to your car.
Keep in mind that the installation process can be quite complicated. If you want to save time, just order professional installation.
Some users have noticed that the holes are not very well in line. You may notice some rust on the surface after opening the box.
But overall, this is a nice, reliable roof rack to hold your family’s bikes when you head outdoors for some fun activities.
- Compatible with 2007 – 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 Door for the perfect fit
- Front wind deflector to minimize squeaky noises
- No drilling or vehicle modifications required to save you time & hard work
- Made from fully welded 1 1/2″ round steel to carry up to 300 lbs
- The installation process is a headache
- The holes are not lined up very nicely
- Some surface rust is apparent upon unboxing
Mopar TSPRO963 Jeep Wrangler Bike Rack
Hate rust building up on bike rack that could affect your beast Jeep? Well, worry no more, because with this bike carrier, your bikes and Jeep will be in safe hands.
Thanks to its foldable design, you can fold down the arms to save space when not hooking your bikes.
Because the racks fits on the bolt on the wheel so it will work with many wheel sizes.
Compatible with a wide range of Jeep models from 1997 to 2016, the rack can keep your bikes safe even on trips over 500 miles.
Note that there is no extender available to hook 4 bikes. Also, there are many small parts to install the rack. Make sure you don’t lose any by chance.
This is not a great rack for heavy bikes like e-bikes. But in general, it works well for many other regular types. Definitely some awesome stuff right here!
- The rack folds down & lays flat on your spare tire to save space
- Does not leave rust on your Jeep after a period of use
- Fits on the bolts on the wheel so it works with many sizes
- Works with 1997-2016 Jeep models
- No extender is available to hook 4 bikes
- Many small parts to install
- Not great for heavy bikes
Smittybilt 76717 Jeep Wrangler Bike Rack
If you want a sturdy, attractive roof rack that is easy to install, then you should take a look at this one.
All the hardware required to set this thing up is in the box. The overall design is modular so you can work on each part independently.
There are 4 mounting points that hook on to the front door to the rear frame. It can support cargo up to 300 lbs.
The crossbars are removable for the easiest loading on and off for your stuff.
There are some minor noise issues with the rack as well. Also, there is some rust that becomes apparent over time. You may solve this problem by applying some silicone.
Overall, this is a sturdy model that saves you lots of installation time.
- Modular design making it super easy to install
- Four mounting points to support up to 300 lbs of cargo
- Removable crossbars for easy soft & hard loading
- Some minor noise issues
- Some rust issues
Hooke Road 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler Bike Rack
Don’t want your bikes hanging on the outside of your Jeep? Then you may consider this indoor cargo basket.
It features 16 gauge CNC punched steel metal design for the most durable and strongest support for your things.
With the bolt-on installation, you can easily set this up within 10-30 minutes.
The model fits 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler easily. Also, the basket is quite spacious to put other stuff like your bags or camps.
This may work better for bikes that are foldable. However, it is not made for the JL model.
Also, the rack does not work with the slant back soft tops. Other than these points, it is a reliable partner for your carrying needs.
- 16 Gauge CNC punched sheet metal design for superb strength
- Bolt-on installation with clear, detailed instructions for easy setup
- Fits for 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited 4-Door
- Spacious rear cargo basket to keep your bikes safe from the weather
- Does not work with the slant back soft tops
- Not suitable for JL model
The Ultimate Guide To Choosing Best Bike Rack For Jeep Wrangler In 2019
When buying the best bike rack for your Jeep, you must consider if that rack is suitable for your Jeep model.
Some may fit well with older models like 1997, 2005 while some don’t work for 2018 models.
Here is a great summary table that we have made for the readers on the site:
|Jeep Model||Bike Racks|
|1997 - 2006||Smittybilt 76713|
|2007-2018 JK 4 Door||EAG Jeep Wrangler Bike Rack|
|2019||Thule 963Pro Jeep Wrangler Bike Rack|
|Unlimited||Allen Sports Jeep Wrangler Bike Rack|
Hooke Road 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler Bike Rack
Also, you need to care about how much weight the bike carrier can hold. Some models can support only 30 lbs, while others can hold up to 70 lbs.
With roof racks, you can expect the load from 300 to 700 lbs.
For your convenience, here is the table of the most popular models and their max load:
|Hollywood SR1||35 lbs per arm|
|Hollywood Jeep Wrangler Bike Rack||35 lbs per arm|
|Thule 963Pro||75 lbs per arm|
|Allen Sports 2-Bike Jeep||70 lbs per arm|
|EAG Jeep Wrangler Roof Rack||300 lbs|
|Smittybilt 76713 Roof Rack||700 lbs|
If you want a spare-tire mounted rack, you can also consider the dimension of your tires.
As a good rule of thumb, tires from 12.5 to 15 inches will fit most bike racks.
If you get the racks with a mounting plate and bolt-on mechanism, then you can worry less about the size of the wheel. Because it will fit most tires universally.
Indoor vs Outdoor
If you want to hook your bikes outdoor but don’t like the rust build up over time, Mopar TSPRO963 is a good choice.
If you don’t like hooking your bikes outdoor, then choosing an indoor cargo basket like Hooke Road bike rack will be a suitable choice.
Our journey to find the best bike rack for Jeep Wrangler has come to an end. We hope that you were able to pick the best ones for your car model and need. Just remember to check the weight capacity and your Jeep model and you’re all set. Have fun hitting the road!