I bet nobody can’t deny how good of a non-powered skateboard at downward-sloping or rolling along flat surfaces. But nothing is perfect! It, in turns, can’t work at going up hills, which leads to the birth of e-skateboards to help you climb hills with ease.
However, their price isn’t as pleasant as the traditional models. You can’t waste hundreds of dollars just for anything. That’s why in this article, I will suggest you some best options out there on the market, based on my experience and research. Take a peek!
- Top 18 Best Longboard For Beginners In 2019 Review – Comprehensive Buyer’s Guide
- Top 24 Best Skateboards For Beginners Reviews In 2019: Selected By Me
- How to Choose Best Skateboard for Kids: The Definitive Guide [2019 Update]
Table of Contents
- Top 16 Cheap Electric Skateboards Reviews In 2019
- BLITZART Tornado Electric Skateboard
- BLITZART Huracane Electric Skateboard
- SWAGTRON SwagBoard NG-1 Electric Skateboard
- Yuneec E-GO2 Electric Skateboard
- RazorX Cruiser Electric Skateboard
- Acton Blink S Electric Skateboard
- SWAGTRON Electric Skateboard
- Fitnessclub Hiboy Electric Skateboard
- SWAGTRON Swagskate Classic Electric Skateboard
- Maxfind Electric Skateboard
- Alouette Electric Skateboard
- ACTON Blink Lite Electric Skateboard
- Leoneva Electric Skateboard
- Huracane GT 38” Electric Skateboard
- Anfan Long Electric Skateboard
- BLITZART Mini Flash 28” Electric Skateboard
- The Ultimate Guide To Choosing Cheap Electric Skateboard
Top 16 Cheap Electric Skateboards Reviews In 2019
BLITZART Tornado Electric Skateboard
If you have had lots of trouble turning with many longboards out there, this might change your skating life. With some adjustment on the trucks, it can cut corners with ease.
Now, you may find out many similarities between this and its Huracane counterpart, such as the 350W motor, the 38” maple and bamboo deck length with premium grip tape, the wireless remote construction. So, what are the difference between them?
Well, there are two core distinctions. First up, is the wheel motor allocation – while the Huracane is dual motors, this Tornado is single style. However, its wheels are more durable, lasting roughly 6-12 months due to your maintenance and the regular skating surface. Normally, they are durable enough to ride on almost terrains, except for groves and cracks. However, the flatter and easier the sidewalk surface, the longer they will last.
The good news is Blitzart does sell motors separately for you to replace the old ones and they are very easy to remove. The extra cost is affordable, at least in my standard, only around $50.
Another different feature is the battery construction. Though the Tornado comes in the same maximum speed as the Huracane, which is 17 MPH, it takes less time for charging fully (exactly only 2.5 hours).
All in all, if your budget is looser, I will recommend you take this as a priority to try. It performs like a beast.
- Fully assembled to ride immediately out of the box
- 3 Colorways to choose from
- Powerful motor and battery
- Motors are replaceable
- Take less time for charging
- Ride fast, smoothly and silently – can reach 17 MPH as maximum
- Can bear a heavy load up to 250 lbs.
- Come to a warranty
- Not waterproof
- Can’t be air travel
BLITZART Huracane Electric Skateboard
Spending some extra bucks, what will you get from this Blitzart? Well, a lot!
First off, is the higher speed that allows you to fly down the roads with style and confidence. If your living area has an “electric skateboard gang”, I’m pretty sure this will beat most of them.
The board can reach 17 MPH and can ride within 20-30 minutes before a full charge. And its charging time is the same as Swagtron Electric Board – 3 hours, which I find it’s not a long time at all for half an hour of REALLY joyful entertaining.
Besides, is the heavier load it can hold up: up to 250 lbs. It’s a big thank you to the sturdy, durable and flexible deck, the materials of which are a genius combination between 7-ply maple and 2-ply bamboo on the bottom. Not to mention that it’s outfitted with premium grip tape to plant your feet on the board firmly during a fast ride.
If your concern is about the motor, I can assert this is much better than the previous option. The best thing is their hub motors don’t bring much problem-prone and besides, are very reliable due to the reverse capability.
With this, you will get some extra functions and components, such as the wrist strap for better control as well as the grippy wireless remote representing speed and mode. Don’t worry, just after a couple of minutes, no matter you’re a novice rider or a pro, it’s surely easy to use.
- More powerful, replaceable battery for higher speed
- Remote control pairs to the skateboard quickly
- Come in a wrist strap for easier carrying around
- There is a reverse capability
- Sturdy, durable, well-built deck to hold up a heavier load
- Arrive in fully assembled to readily ride out of the box
- A bit large and heavy, not safe for air travel
SWAGTRON SwagBoard NG-1 Electric Skateboard
For a fun toy to ride around your neighborhood effortlessly, my recommendation is definitely this. Actually, I myself was a little bit confused after reading mixed reviews, but thankfully, its warranty gave me more confidence to give this a try.
Both the price and the quality are pretty darned good, completely out of my expectation. Plus, very easy to learn and ride. The braking system is fine, which I think it will be a perfect choice for beginners.
I’m 200 lbs. in weight and this electric longboard holds up well. It can go up to 11 MPH on level ground and roughly 8 MPH when going up a slope. You can play with it for about 20-30 minutes before the battery runs out.
One highlight about this product which is like a big revolution in the history of skateboarding – the deck. It’s a maple hardwood deck wrapped with premium grip tape, but the real fun lies in its design. See? There are two “straps” on both sides to help you carry the board with ease. I bet children and especially, women will fall for this thoughtful feature.
- Cool, snazzy, and thoughtful design
- Affordable price but high quality
- Excellent wheels: Very durable, spin smoothly and shock absorbent
- Use SentryShield battery technology: Durable, long-lasting, powerful
- The skateboard is UL 2272 certificated for safety requirements
- Good wireless LED remote to manage braking, speed whilst very visual – show battery status and speed for better control
- A sturdy deck that can hold up a heavy load up to 200 lbs.
- Available for air travel
- It requires a few tweaks so, beginners might find it difficult
Yuneec E-GO2 Electric Skateboard
There are a lot of incredible things to talk about this electric skateboard, but I’ll start off with the powerful motor. It’s up to 400 watts, which is much higher than the Blitzart or the Swagtron.
Though this design doesn’t come in a wrist strap like other two counterparts, it in turns is very lightweight to easily carry around with less effort. Plus, is the new kicktail design to bring you better steering and control. A good starter for beginners to ride around your neighborhood or as a commuter.
It can reach the maximum speed of 20km/h and thanks to the powerful battery, the board can ride silently and fast for up to 30km. Don’t worry, if it runs out of battery, you still enable to skate as the normal board. However, take note that it can’t be carried in the plane.
What impresses me the most about this product is its extra USB port. This feature is very handy when your smartphone is low-battery. Next is the charger. During a charge, it lights up red, the same thing with the remote control but when full, it turns green and automatically stops charging. Smart, right?
In brief, I’m very satisfied with this purchase!
- Various color options to choose from
- Have insurance in case it breaks
- Durable deck with new kicktail shape
- Top speed of 20km/h, can run for over 30km
- Good braking system
- A built-in USB port for charging your smartphone
- Lightweight, easy for carrying around
- Excellent ball bearings
- Powerful motor, providing two riding and speed modes
- Don’t have a wrist strap
- Can’t be air travel
RazorX Cruiser Electric Skateboard
If you’re finding a fun toy for kids or teens, consider the RazorX Electric Skateboard. It’s slower than other counterparts, which turns out to be safer for children to control the speed. Exactly, it’s a 125-watt motor with lithium-ion-powered battery, can reach up to 10 MPH.
However, it can last up to 40 minutes before charging.
Everything about this longboard is friendly for young riders, from the roughly smaller 30” deck length, the lighter weight to the easy-to-use wireless remote and the custom reverse kingpin trucks for extra stability.
Not to mention to its excellent grip tape to keep the rider’s feet plant on the board firmly. Or, the wrist strap for easier carrying.
Due to its outstanding responsive ride, I vote it for cruising, carving and turning. Adults are still able to try on this board, especially women or beginners. However, you might need some time to get acquainted with its narrower board design. Besides, the speed will depend on your body weight. In general, its weight limit is quite huge, up to 220 lbs.
- Longer lasting battery, up to 40 minutes before charging
- Compact design and lightweight for easy carrying
- Lower speed for better safety during a ride
- Wireless remote with a wrist strap for hands-free carrying
- Very stable and responsive -> Perfect for cruising, carving, and turning
- High weight limit, up to 220 lbs.
- Not ideal for those who love riding fast
- Not work on hills
The Action Blink S highlights with its improved braking system and acceleration. Actually, it provides 3 different speed modes and the maximum is up to 16 MPH.
This is one of the most favorite picks of students to travel around their campus school or colleges effortlessly. Or, you can try uphill with a 15% incline rate, it’s strong as a beast even though the wheel motor is single style.
The board lets you have fun within a range of 7 miles. Afterward, you need to give it a charge, might be within 45 to 60 minutes. Amazing, right?
Like no others, this Blink S-R features some distinctive components, such as the aluminum case for extra lightness, the signature LED lights and the functional tail. They are also the details that help me point out mine from distance. Also, receive a lot of compliments anytime riding around town.
If this is your very first time getting into the Action Blink S, their 6-month warranty and 14-day money-back guarantee will surely give you much confidence. But before picking it, take note the weight limit. It’s available from 220 lbs. and lighter. But to reach the desired speed, 165 lbs. is ideal.
- Fast shipping, good warranty, and guarantee
- Provide different speed and last long
- Enough powerful motor to ride uphill within 15 incline rates
- Easy-to-hold wireless control
- Improved braking system
- Have many distinctive features, LED lights, aluminum case, and designs
- Fast charging time
- A bit heavy, up to 11 lbs.
SWAGTRON Electric Skateboard
For higher demand of uncommonly smooth skating experience, the classical curvy design of this Swagtron Voyager Electric Longboard will surely satisfy you.
Combine with the powerful 350W wheels, it also allows you to ride fast, up to 15 MPH based on personal weight. Even when the battery dies, you can freely use it as a non-electric skateboard. Ride as smoothly as butter without annoying noise.
But to point out the biggest difference between this Voyager and the NG-1 Youth above, it must be the weight limit. This version is crafted from a combination between Canadian maple and bamboo, plus, high-quality components to ably hold up well under an incredible load, up to 330 lbs.
Thus, if you and your lover want to purchase one and ride together along the beach, for example, this is surely the best to go to. However, take note that the heftier the load, the slower the speed.
Other than that, a compliment for its wireless remote control. With one click, you can change its directions immediately. But about the braking system, you might need time to get acquainted with its sensitive lockup. Just gently utilize it and the brake will work perfectly.
- 350W motor featuring high speed, up to 15 MPH
- Within a range of 15 miles
- Can manual ride smoothly
- Efficient and easy-to-use remote control
- Sturdy, durable deck with high flex
- Ride smoothly and silently
- Long-lasting battery
- Super large weight limit
- The brake is very sensitive that can lock up right away so, during a few initial times of riding, you might launch yourself off the board.
Fitnessclub Hiboy Electric Skateboard
To discuss the most powerful motor in the electric skateboard world, the Fitnessclub Hiboy is king. It delivers the max speeds of 22 MPH, which I guess is most thankful for the 350-watt dual hub motors and plus, the 4000mAH battery.
One amazing thing is, the board can run a range of 9-13 miles before a full charge within 2 hours. However, I feel like it’s even more powerful after testing a cruise for 15 miles, there was still 2 bars left.
With this, you’ve got two-speed modes. Exactly, it can be reclined 15 degrees at high speed and 10 degrees if running slow. When the motor isn’t in use or your battery dies, it can manually ride like a regular longboard, but just way heavier a little bit.
So, for traveling, I won’t suggest it unless you’re a strong person. But in turns, the board works nicely in dry and a little bit wet condition. In other words, it’s semi-waterproof to bear slight rain perfectly.
- The most powerful motor with incredible battery life to give you more entertaining time with the board
- Take less charging time
- Sturdy, durable and strong deck to withstand a weight limit of 220 lbs.
- Good at sound absorption
- Can ride smoothly and freely if the battery dies
- Excellent brake performance
- The wireless remote control is a little bit hard to monitor
- Can’t take it on a plane
SWAGTRON Swagskate Classic Electric Skateboard
Like the RazorX Electric Cruiser, this one comes in slower speed, maximumly 11 MPH and up to 10 miles, which is a safer choice for beginners. However, if you intend to buy it for your kids or grandkids, my sincere advice is to teach them with a regular longboard firstly for some experience.
It’s because this sport requires lots of balance, especially in the electric models, its acceleration upon beginning the motor is really abrupt for children. Unless he/she has good balance and hand-eye coordination, the initial learning time might be difficult.
From my experience, you shouldn’t use the switch to slow down this beast because it goes straight down to 0. That’s super easy to launch yourself off the board. Instead, move it just a little bit to decrease the speed gradually.
This is just a minor matter you should keep in mind to get acquainted with the board easily. About the rest, like its components, warranty, battery life or wireless Led remote control, I get no remorse at all. Very high-quality and phenomenal performance.
- More advanced hardware compared to other Swagtron counterparts
- The most durable and strong version out of the bunch
- Long battery life, up to 10 miles on a single charge
- Good grip tape and sturdy maple deck for a large weight limit of 220 lbs.
- Visual wireless control speed with ease of monitor
- Good brake
- Can ride the uphill small incline
- Not a good choice for kid beginners
- Can’t take this board on the plane
Maxfind Electric Skateboard
Just after the Fitnessclub, this Maxfind electric longboard can ride to everywhere you want in a very short time. It’s a powerful beast with a maximum speed of up to 18.6 MPH and impressively, can ride 25% grade uphill.
However, take note that the top speed will depend on some elements such as road surface, weather, and the rider’s weight.
In turns, the good news is you can absolutely custom this board yourself for a more powerful ride. Every component is very easy to replace and they are sold separately on Maxfind website, especially the battery and wheels.
By the ways, its battery is another mentionable feature, which enables to ride a range of up to 8 miles and a full charge afterward will take only 1 hour. This is an impressive indicate that not any electric longboard at this price range can afford.
But the real fun is you can go with it through low water, puddle or wet roads without fear of the electric longboard breaking down. I’m here to prove that!
- Meticulous layout
- Powerful wheel motor to ride uphill up to 25% grade
- Hub motor brings fewer troubles and more heat dissipation than other counterparts
- Ride smoothly and quietly
- Deliver 2 different ride modes for ease and safety during a ride
- Durable maple and bamboo deck with good flex for extra stability when riding at high speed
- Can bear a weight limit of 220 lbs.
- Every component is easy to replace
- Can be used as a regular board when the battery runs out
- Certificated by the quality authentications of CE FCC ROHS
- Come to a 6-month warranty
- Perfect choice for beginners or experienced riders to cruise, carve or uphill.
- The remote control is a little bit older than other versions
Alouette Electric Skateboard
For those who are looking for a compact-sized, lightweight electric board for easy turning and transportation, my suggestion is this Alouette Model. Come in total measurements of 29” x 9”, weighing roughly 8 lbs., it’s one of the smallest models in this collection.
If this is a present for your kids or grandkids aging 8 to 15 years old, especially when they are beginners with zero experience, it’s more than perfect.
The reason mostly lies in its powerful hub motors. Not only do they release lower noise than the belt drive models, but also start more steadily. Not to mention that their wheels are excellent at shock absorption for the smoothest ride. And, the easy-to-control wireless remote control.
This remote control also arrives in the visual On/Off button LED power monitor so that you can manage how much battery left to ride.
The biggest bonus about this component is its dual speed modes. One is 10km/h and the other is 20 km/h. Along with that, is the endurance of within 30-60 minutes for a full charge.
And how about the charging time? Pretty quick! Just roughly 90 minutes and you can readily restart playing with this entertaining board. But the best thing is its decent durability that brings you up to 500 times charge and recharges cycle life. Wonderful!
- Various colorways to choose from
- Powerful 350W hub motors and durable maple deck to withstand a weight limit up to 220 lbs., with an endurance of 30-60 minutes
- A moderate speed of up to 20 km/h
- Offer two-speed modes
- Compact size and lightweight for easy transportation and turning
- Ride smoothly with less shock and quietly
- Easy-to-use wireless remote control
- Aluminum alloy bridge to deliver excellent heat dissipation
- Wheels are a free motion to ride smoothly if the battery runs out
- The beeping sound when the battery is low is quite awkward to ride around people, but there’s no way to turn it off.
Genuine electric skateboard design for youth only! The Acton Blink Lite emphasizes its powerful brake to ably slow down a big hill, keeping the best safety to your kids.
In case of purchasing this as a commuter for them to ride in the city or campus school, I think you don’t prefer it to go too fast, right? That’s why the maximum speed of 10 MPH is just enough for your busy children to have a playful moment with assured safety.
Moreover, it’s lightweight and compact enough so that you can carry around with ease. But don’t equate those features with a weight limit. Though it’s just a version for young riders, the board still enables to withstand a load up to 130 lbs. Plus, the lithium-ion batteries can work up to 5 miles on a charge.
However, Acton also made some reasonable adjustment to suit for this age range of rider, which is the easier-to-use Bluetooth remote control. There are only buttons: The on/off, the reverse, and the forward so, I bet your kids might need a couple of minutes to cruise around like a pro.
And, did I tell you about their 6-month limited warranty?
- Catchy design, lightness, and compact silhouette
- Powerful battery with moderate speed
- Easy to hold and use remote control
- Long endurance of maximumly 30 minutes on a single charge
- Provide a 6-month warranty
- The board and remote control are easy to scratch
Leoneva Electric Skateboard
Don’t let the minimal outlook of this Leoneva Electric Skateboard fool you! It’s more than just a 28” penny board with Bluetooth speaker and front light to easily pop you off the crowd. It’s a perfect selection for those who love riding with style.
Just link your smartphone via Wireless Bluetooth Speaker and there you go – enjoy your favorite playlist during a ride. I’m quite sure that almost pedestrians will break their neck to look at you with admiring eyes.
Its impressive outlook will also a good conversation-starter for more interesting relationships. Maybe, who knows?
Though small, the skateboard is equipped with 350W motors with Samsung lithium-ion battery to work as powerfully and fast as a beast. On a full charge, it can ride at the max speed of 20 MPH for 30-45 minutes.
The same with its wireless remote control. This surely won’t be a thing that you have to waste your life finding the right position to catch the signals just because of its weak response. On the contrary, it can remote within 14 meters.
And lastly, is the deck. It’s a 7-ply hardwood maple deck with a slight concave and efficient kicktail for extra stability and control. Importantly, it’s durable enough to withstand a weight limit up to 260 lbs. So, no remorse at all!
- Outstanding outlook with front light, snazzy design, and Bluetooth speaker
- A responsive remote control that can work within 14 meters
- Small silhouette and lightweight for easy carrying
- Powerful motor and battery for longer endurance and higher speed
- Can bear a weight limit up to 260 lbs.
- High-quality components
- Big and tall riders might find it difficult to ride at first
Huracane GT 38” Electric Skateboard
The Huracane GT Electric Skateboard is a good choice for those riders who are finding a powerful beast to go up a steep hill like a breeze. Its 320W brushless hub motors and 36V lithium-ion battery pack are a perfect combo for a leader board in terms of speed and range.
Really, the max speed of this board is up to 18 MPH plus, for a weight limit up to 300 lbs., you can have fun within 30 to 40 minutes before the board runs out of battery.
Take note that a single charge will take 2.5 hours, but it’s okay to me because almost powerful electric skateboards will take even 3 to 4 hours. So, this is far quicker!
The electric skateboard is very versatile. Suit for both kids and big adults, even for beginners and experts because of the moderately large 38” deck, the durable wood combination of maple and bamboo, the powerful battery and motor as well as the full assemble.
On impressive thing is its remote control can last up to 6 or 7 days before another re-charge. Wonderful! I’m also glad that it uses the chargeable battery, not the one-time use type, to save more money on my hands. Gosh, I love it!
- Simple but outstanding outlook
- Deliver high speed and long endurance
- Can ride up a steep hill with ease
- Short charging time
- Long-lasting and easy-to-use remote control
- Sturdy deck to bear a weight limit up to 300 lbs.
- Highlight with durability and flexibility
- Excellent grip tape
- Fully assembled
- Don’t offer many color options
Anfan Long Electric Skateboard
The Anfan Electric Skateboard is like a dupe of the Leoneva for those riders with a tight budget. There are many similarities between the two of them, such as:
- Wireless Bluetooth speaker
- Front light
- Wireless remote-control design
- 28” deck length
- 20 MPH as the max speed
- 10-mile endurance
From that point, it’s not exaggerating to assert that this Anfan comes in the same-same performance as its counterpart, but way cheaper.
Besides, it also highlights the new sliding booting method that you just need to gently slide to booth the skateboard right away. Also, it will power off automatically if you don’t use it out of 5 minutes. So smart!
In turns, there are some lacks in comparison to the Leoneva. The prime example is its much heavier weight (up to 12 lbs.) and lower weight limit (just 176 lbs.). Thus, it’s my recommendation for teenage riders only.
- Front light for more safety at night and wireless speaker for more fun
- Responsive wireless remote
- The quicker sliding booting method
- Smart – automatically shut down if not in use within 5 minutes
- High max speed of 20 MPH
- Provide a 6-month warranty
- A bit heavy
BLITZART Mini Flash 28” Electric Skateboard
I have saved this to last for those who are in need of a meaningful present for their kids or grandkids.
This Blitzart electric skateboard comes in many rider-friendly features, such as the moderate speed of 12 MPH and 250W motor for better safety, the hips full assemble to save yourself hassle and time of assembly, the short and lightweight deck for easier carrying.
Despite the slower speed, this is a long-lasting electric product that can ride for up to 8 miles – nearly 45 minutes of endurance – on a single charge.
Moreover, it’s a good choice for beginner riders thanks to the premium grip tape and easy-to-use remote control. I bet that within 10-15 minutes, a 10-year-old kid can easily cruise on this wonderful pal.
- Moderate range and speed for extra safety to young riders
- Long-lasting endurance
- Short charging time
- Sturdy and durable 7-ply maple deck
- Huge weight limit of 270 lbs.
- Good-performance grip tape
- Hub motor for less problem-prone
- Compact and lightweight to easily carry around
- Provide a 3-month warranty
- Don’t offer various color options
The Ultimate Guide To Choosing Cheap Electric Skateboard
When looking for a good skateboard, no matter which type it is, the material of wheels, trucks, bearings, and deck should be considered first. But here in this buying guide, I’ll focus more on the specific features of an e-skateboard, they are:
Motor & Speed
People look for an electric skateboard for more joyful riding time with less effort, which is the reason that motor and speed should be taken into consideration.
Firstly, is the motor. There are two things to keep in mind in terms of this feature: wattage and type.
Many riders misunderstand that the higher wattage of an electric skateboard, the faster or more torque it will be. However, not quite!
The higher wattage just surely leads to louder operation. Hence, don’t blindly go for the highest wattage motor. Instead, let’s choose a reasonable number to suit your demand. Two main elements that influence on your motor wattage choice are wind resistance and rider’s weight.
The taller you are, the more wind resistance. Thus, if for big and tall riders, a 300-watt motor should be fine. For younger riders, like kids and teenage, 200-275 wattages are great to go.
Besides, consider the best motor type: either the dual hub or the single.
If you intend to challenge yourself with some steep hills, go for the dual hub. Otherwise, for cruising or commuting within campus school, neighborhood, or city, the single motor is more ideal.
In terms of the speed, what truly effects it is the gear ratios and the motor controller parameters. But they are too technical to easily check on your skateboard, especially if you’re a beginner. Two easier features to keep in mind instead are the max speed of the board and its available speed modes.
The highest max speed that I’ve known is within 22 to 24 MPH, which is only advised for the experts. If you’re a novice rider, starting from 10 to 12 MPH is fine.
Besides, there are specific speed modes for beginners and professionals. For long-term investment, I highly recommend choosing a board with various speed modes for full control over it.
Range & Battery Technology
It’d better consider all these two features together. Remember this, battery technology directly affects the board’s endurance of a single charge. And that then relates closely to the range.
Hence, when talking about the battery, its life circle is worth considering, especially if you intend to ride it for long distances. Remember this basic rule of thumb, the longer the battery life is, the better of the outcome. (But at the same time, the higher cost you need to spend.)
Usually, an electric longboard battery should deliver 30-60 minutes of riding time. Don’t go any shorter than that, particularly if you intend to utilize it on a frequent basis.
About the range, it should be around 7-10 miles. It’s perfect for multiple purposes, like reaching your office, commuting around the neighborhood, or riding within a campus school.
The most common battery type utilized in electric skateboards is the rechargeable lithium-ion as it’s much lighter and better long-lasting than the lead-acid battery. But whichever you choose, consider the battery size restriction of the airlines.
Mostly, they allow you to carry 99W battery so, don’t take it with you if the size is bigger.
Longboard Weight & Weight Capacity
Obviously, an electric skateboard will be heavier than a non-electric one. However, it shouldn’t be too hefty to impossibly carry around.
Think about the bad case that you don’t have enough juice to make it home, lightweight board is very handy and flexible to push or kick back home. Usually, the ideal weight is within 6 lbs. to 10 lbs.
If you’re a strong person, 11 lbs. to 12 lbs. are a good way to practice your arms and hands without a need to go to the gym.
Next is weight capacity. This feature mostly depends on the age range. The older the rider, the higher weight capacity it should be, especially if you are a heavy, big and tall guy.
Due to my experience, an electric skateboard coming in a weight limit of 175 to 300 lbs. is okay.
This feature is for safety concerns. Normally, there are two types of braking system: the dynamic braking and the regenerative braking. I bet you have heard about the first type frequently, but how about the second one?
Well, the regenerative braking operates similarly to the dynamic type, however, it can redirect electricity to the battery to recharge it. The most electric skateboard will be equipped with the regenerative braking.
But it’s best to install both types in yours to slow down more safely.
In terms of the warranty, the longer the better. In the cheap electric skateboard range, a 6-month warranty is very common and I find it’s reasonable for the price.
But take note that not all warranties will be equally created, the customer rights will vary from brand to brand, which is why you should search it yourself.
Consider these inquiries:
- How long is the warranty?
- Are you allowed repairing the board yourself?
- Will the company send you the replacement parts or you send the board back to them?
- Do you need to pay the shipping cost or is it free?
But importantly, take note that these warranties will only back for the manufacturing defaults, not for any reasons of you abusing it.
Wireless remote control
I find that most electric skateboard buying guides don’t mention this feature. However, it does be important because without the remote control, you can’t turn the board on or off, as well as direct it forward or reverse.
There are three major things to consider when it comes to wireless remote control:
- Is it good at the signal response? How about the range?
- Is it easy to hold and use?
- How about endurance?
If the wireless remote control gives interrupting signal response or it just works within 2-3 meters, you should give it up.
Think about it, what would happen if you were riding downhill on high speed and the braking didn’t receive a demand from your remote control? Besides, it should work well within the range of 7-14 meters.
Now, in terms of endurance, it’s closely related to battery life. The almost remote control uses the lithium-ion type which is rechargeable. Unlike the skateboard which might need a charge after 30-60 minutes of riding, the remote control can last within 5-7 days before running out of battery. And, it should be like that! The longer lasting of the remote control, the better.
1. How much does an electric skateboard cost?
Electric skateboard normally prices more expensive than the traditional models, varying from as little as $120 up to as much as $1600.
2. How much is a Boosted Board?
At present, Boosted Board comes in 5 major product lines, starting from $749 to the highest price of $1599.
3. What is the best electric skateboard?
In terms of the best cheap electric skateboards, my suggestions are:
- SWAGTRON SwagBoard NG-1 Youth Electric Longboard
- BLITZART Huracane 38” Electric Skateboard Electronic Longboard 17mph 350W Hub-Motor 3.5” 90mm
- Yuneec E-GO2 Electric Longboard Skateboard
4. How fast are electric skateboards?
Within 10 MPH to 24 MPH.
5. Are electric skateboards street legal?
Well, it varies in different countries and even states. For more detail, you should read here:
6. Are electric skateboards safe?
Yes, they are because before launched on the market, these electric skateboards have already gone through a safety clearance check.
Or, for more safety, you can equip yourself some extra gear, such as gloves and helmets.
7. Are evolve skateboards waterproof?
You might not see the Waterproof feature in the product description of the Evolve Skateboards, but in fact, they are.
The board has already tested to hold up well to repel water. However, another arising matter is slippery surfaces that comes with wet conditions, which is the major reason they decide not to list it in the product description.
8. Are electric skateboards waterproof?
At the present, there’s no electric skateboard can repel water absolutely, like heavy rain or soak in the water. However, a few e-skateboards out there are semi-waterproof. It means they can resist splash, water drop, drizzle, and snow.
- RazorX Cruiser Electric Skateboard
- Fitnessclub Hiboy Electric Longboard
- Maxfind Electric Longboard
- Alouette Electric Skateboard
9. How old do you have to be to ride an electric skateboard?
It depends on whether that e-skateboard comes in high or low performance to decide the age range of its riders.
But since this product line rides fast and more difficult to control than the traditional skateboards, I highly recommend the minimum age should be 9 years old.
10. How long does it take for Evolve to charge?
Within 3-4 hours.
Your decision to pick the most suitable electric skateboard is the main thing to bring you a ticket to open the door of excitement, fun, and adventure. As an e-skateboard might cost a fortune, you can’t just drop your money arbitrarily on a random model out there on the market.
Your choice should be based on the specific manner, your budget, the board’s performance and the level of its comfort. Hopefully, this ultimate buying has helped you to pick out the best of the bunch. Happy skating!