While the e-scooters aren’t fast enough for a speed addict like you, the gas-powered models seem to fit just right to your need, don’t they? They spend much less on gas than when driving a car but produce the same-same speed with lots of freedom. So, why not? This narrow-down collection will show you 7 best gas-powered scooters on the market. Read on! See Also:
- Top 12 Fastest Electric Scooters in 2020 – Comprehensive Buyer’s Guide
- The 19 Best Scooters For Toddlers in 2020
- Top 18 Best Scooters for Kids in 2020
Top 7 Best Gas Powered Scooters Reviews In 2020
Coleman Powersports Gas Powered Scooters
Lest you think that a gas-powered mobility scooter means you can’t ride as fast as the motorbikes, well… not at all. The Coleman Powersports CT200U is arguably one of the most powerful scooters on the market, with a top speed of 25 MPH. Highlight with the 4-stroke OHV 1 cylinder, 196cc/6.5hp engine, and low-pressure tires to maximize its performance. No matter what kinds of the terrains, tough or rugged or rocky, this scooter goes fast and smoothly like butter. The gas-powered all-terrain scooter has a wide range of functionality for each movement. For example, the rear drum brake for safer stopping, or, the metal frame and the proven clutch for extra durability. But what’s worth mentioning the most is their load capacity – 200 lbs. to perfectly withstand kids aged 13 and older. Since 70% of cases are the scooter is bought and shared among family members or a group of friends, a weak scooter will be impossible to “live a long life” under such heavy load. And I guess, you don’t want it to happen, do you? That’s why a 200-pound scooter is a great choice!
Mega Gas Powered Scooters
If safety is the first priority of yours when it comes to choosing the best gas-powered scooter, you surely need the Mega Moto. With its exhaust heat shield, chain guard, and engine stop switch, the MM-B80-BR is but one way to change things up from your ordinary scooters. While allowing you to go fast at the top speed of 25 MPH for fun (based on the powerful 80CC overhead valve engine), it excels the rider’s safety whenever needed stopping. The combination wise of the rear disc brake and hand-operated cable works incredibly well in this case for faster but smoother braking. If you’re a concerned parent, there’s an adjustable screw on this model to adjust the distance between the handlebar grip and the brake lever. That helps your kids reach the lever more easily when their hands are holding properly the handlebar grip. Besides, one compliment for their construction. Compared to other bikes, its frame is much stronger. Plus, the well-proven 2.5 Lifan engine, the polypropylene dent resistant fenders, and reinforced, welded tube steel frame will serve you for years if maintained properly. Overall, this gas-powered scooter is fun and easy to ride. I have to admit, I’m impressed!
TAO SMART Gas Powered Scooters
Amongst the top-rated brands is TAO. Street legalization, 49cc/50cc motor, and 35 MPH as the top speed. It should come as no surprise that the Dealsnow is perfect to cruise around for fun or take to work quickly. Though this cheap scooter does take some assembly, with the help from many Youtube videos, it just takes around 15-20 minutes to finish. On the other hand, there are really fewer things to install, just the handlebars, the front wheels, and some plastic coverings. Even, you don’t need more than a basic set of screwdrivers and socket wrenches. With a fully automatic transmission, I appreciate how easy operation it is – To start, simply twist the throttle and to stop, pull the hand-operated brake. As a backup option in case there’s something wrong and the scooter doesn’t work, TAO integrated an electric start and a backup kick start to save you from being stranded. Take note that you must have a valid driver license to take this on road. However, registration is quite minimal and easy. They will email you the documents needed, after fulfilling all the required information, re-sent to them (including your scooter VIN) and wait for a couple of days to get registered. Done!
Mega MM-B80-SF 80CC Gas Powered Scooters
I like to think that the Mega Moto MM-B80-SF is the next step-up for my kids to start their very new journey from riding a manual scooter to controlling a gas-powered one. They are much mature now to give that a try! As other mini bikes in this list, it’s needed assembling, out of the box. But look at them on the images, can’t deny I was afraid if it would ask much mechanical knowledge to put together. The fact is, all you need to do is putting the handlebars on, add gas, and then ready to go. I’m glad that this gas-powered scooter is small enough for my littles to easily reach the foot pegs as well as safe use the throttle or the clutch. On the other hand, the product is still solid and sturdy enough for an adult weighing 200 lbs. like me to sit on and ride around with ease. It’s cool and more like a motorbike than a toy, which I believe that all your neighbor kids will want one. With the powerful 80CC engine, featuring 35 MPH as the top speed, it goes fast enough for fun, but not way too dangerous speed to worry about. However, don’t forget to tell your kids to put on the included helmet for complete safety during a ride. All in all, highly recommend!
MotoTec Uberscoot 2X 50Cc Gas Powered Scooters
Renowned for its traditional scooter design with unique folding mechanism, MotoTec is the latest gas-powered brand to take aim at the most portable-sized product for travel. When in need of storing or transporting, you can easily fold it up and secure with a Posi lock. Though dependable on the rider’s weight, its maximum speed is 35 MPH – Fast enough to be fun while not too dangerous for kids to get around on. Not to mention that the fast-reliable braking system with front and rear brake levers help to stop safely. Hence, it’s not exaggerating to say that in a perfect mix of state-of-the-art design and powerful 49cc 2hp 2-stroke engine, the Uberscoot features a decent price with rare durability and performance. But to talk about the biggest selling point of this scooter, it must be the adjustable handlebar height. Differing from other models in this list, MotoTec allows you to fix and fit just right to a wide range of heights and ages. So, it won’t let you down!
XG-575-DS A-Blaze Gas Powered Scooters
If you intend to pick a gas-powered scooter as an alternative mean of transportation to get to work or school, I highly recommend the FASTEST XG-575-DS for some reasons. First off, is its larger fuel tank. This is REALLY important because nobody wants their scooter to die suddenly during a ride to work or home, right? Hence, a 1.25-liter tank is wonderful! It allows you to run continuously within 20+ miles, keeping you away from that terrible scenario. About the max speed of this scooter, it is 25 MPH and I think such that speed is perfect for both adults and kids. Why? – You might ask. While other 35-MPH scooters are claimed to be a dash of risky for kids to ride alone, the top speed of 25 MPH is just right for them to control and to have fun. At the meantime, adults don’t feel it’s too slow to commute. Another highlight of this scooter is its practical design, especially the durable front and rear wheels. They help you to handle all kinds of terrains, such as cement, off roads, pavements, light gravel, dirt and grass that might face with during a ride. Besides, the excellent combination between the front and rear disc braking and grippy tires features excellent traction, allowing you to slow down fast but safely. Compared to such phenomenal performance, its price is just a steal.
TaoTao ATM50-A1 Gas Powered Scooters
Best thing comes to those who wait – they said. And that’s why I have saved this to last. The TAO ATM50-A1 drives like a dream that with the 50cc engine, it takes me up hills nicely, even with my little behind me. This is also the feature I like most about this mini bike – it is constructed with seats so I can share the fun with others. But take note that the maximum load is 220 lbs. Don’t go over! Another appealing feature lies in their variant orange color which is not only trendy for summer but also easier to spot by other drivers on the street for extra safety. I love how thoughtful of TAO when they included a helmet and a trunk that are both DOT approved for quality. Along with that, are the reinvented tires to be larger and more durable, giving the wheels more stability and support during a ride on uneven terrains. Hence, it assures your ultimate safety while getting around for fun. The only limitation is their requirement of a driver license that obviously, a kid can’t take part in the drive but just sitting behind you. But safety is a priority. Be flexible!
The Ultimate Guide To Choosing Best Gas Powered Scooters
1. Engine & Who Should Drive It These two elements seem a little bit irrelevant, right? But I’ll show you the close connection between them. We all know that the more powerful the engine, the faster it will be. But that’s also synonymous to more control needed to drive it. And in this case, a kid or teenage might be unable to handle that, which ends up some potential accidents occurred. Safety is a priority! So, before choosing the engine construction, consider who is going to drive it? Kid, teenage, or adult? Male or female? 2.Type There are two common types of gas-powered scooters: The off-road & The commuter. Hence, where are you going to operate your scooter? Which purpose of use for it? Remember, choosing the wrong type of scooter might lead to some annoyance, especially if it’s a commuting gas-powered one intended to use for off-road purposes. It’s a “no way”! 3. Safety Whichever type of scooter you choose and who’s going to drive it, safety concerns! The highly-recommended speed for young riders is no faster than 30 MPH and the weight limit is no less than 100 lbs. And for heavy riders, the range of 250-350 lbs. will fit just right. Other than that, don’t forget to equip yourself a helmet (if it’s DOT certificated, the better) and maybe, some knee pads as well. 4. Fuel Tank This is similar to considering the batteries of your e-scooter. It decides how long your vehicle can go before another fueling. There are many elements influencing on how fast your scooter consume fuel:
- Load that’s put on it
- Kind of terrains you intend to ride on
1. Does gas scooter need the license? Yes, regardless of your scooter’s engine size. If it’s larger than 50cc, you particularly need a driver license. 2. How fast can a 50cc scooter go? Usually, is 35-40 MPH, dependable on the terrains, rider’s body weight, and weather. 3. Do you need a license to drive a scooter? Well, the answer will depend on whether that scooter is licensed and registered as a gas-powered moped or not. If yes, you need a driver license to have it operated. In fact, to get it, you will have to pass some driver tests. If you intend to use it around the house, not on the street, or the gas-scooter doesn’t reach the specified engine to ask for a license, you don’t need it. This is much up to the officer and rules of where you live so, don’t regret to spend the time to search about it. In general, if a scooter has a top speed under 20 MPH, there’s no driver license needed. 4. How fast does a 49cc scooter go? Not much difference from a 50cc scooter, it should be within 30-35 MPH. And might change a little bit due to the load, terrains, and kind of weather that day.
For those who are finding a good, detailed buying guide of gas-powered scooters, I hope this article has gotten you begun. At least, I can assure that any pick listed above are high-quality, durable, and guaranteed. Your task now is just evaluating your budget, demand, and preference to settle on the most suitable choice. Good luck!