Wondering what the best 3 wheel scooters for your kids, toddlers, first grade or teenage sons, and daughters are? Look no further because, in this in-depth review, you will find the perfect model. Let’s check them out right below!
- Top 10 Best Hoverboards for Kids Reviews In 2020
- Top 12 Best 3 Wheel Scooter for Adults In 2020 (Included Electric)
- Top 19 Best Scooters For Toddlers Reviews in 2020
Table of Contents⇅
Top 16 Best 3 Wheel Scooter for Kids Reviews in 2020
3 Wheel Scooter for 2-3 years old
Radio Flyer Children 3 Wheel Scooter
Looking for the best 3-wheeled scooter for toddlers? You can’t go wrong with this Radio Flyer scooter right here.
Cleverly designed with an extra-wide base, the scooter provides amazing support for your child to learn how to balance and ride comfortably.
With its special textured deck, young riders are fully protected from slipping.
The overall design is made for the easiest steering and control, which is suitable even for beginner riders.
The handgrips are super comfy and offer great grip quality. Little hands will feel comfortable holding onto them.
If you’re looking for a foldable scooter, this is not the one for you. Also, keep in mind that the handlebar of this scooter is not adjustable.
Other than those points, this is a great starter 3 wheel scooter for kids.
- Wider base to provide the best stability for toddlers’ little feet
- Textured deck protecting young riders from slipping
- Special design made for beginner riders to steer easily
- Comfortable hand grips for the best grip & comfort
- The scooter is not foldable
- This handlebar is not adjustable
Razor Jr. Folding Kiddie 3 Wheel Scooter
Want an awesome blue Razor 3 wheel scooter for boys and pink scooter for girls? Well then, you must check out this cool model.
This lovely scooter is made from a combo of aluminum, steel, and plastic for the best durability and protection for the little ones.
If you love a scooter that can fold up, then this is the choice for you. With its quick folding mechanism, you can fold the scooter up for the most compact storage.
Also, with urethane wheels, kids can roll smoothly over bumpy spots. The thoughtful design also makes this model quick and easy to put together.
If your kid is quite tall or is over 6 years old, then the scooter might be too small for them.
Be aware that sometimes the handlebar might move with the front wheel, making it a bit tricky to steer. Be sure to teach your toddler how to ride properly.
In conclusion, this is a cheap three-wheeled scooter for kids that has the perfect blue and pink versions for your children.
- Excellent steel, aluminum & plastic construction for the best durability
- Great folding mechanism making folding the scooter super easy
- Urethane wheels that roll smoothly over bumpy roads or sidewalks
- Thoughtful design makes it quick & easy to assemble
- Too small for 6 year-olds
- The handlebar may move with the front wheel
Deluxe Aluminum 3 Wheel Glider
Need the most unique 3-wheeled scooter that offers your kids a safe and fun experience? Well, this is not the one to be missed.
Featuring a special adjustable T-locking bar that goes from 14.5 to 24 inches, short and tall kids can enjoy the ride just as well.
With its super unique aluminum and carbon steel construction, this model provides the sturdiest and most reliable rides every single time.
The folding design also makes it a perfect choice for travel out of town and easy storage at home.
Thanks to the soft grips, children’s soft hands will also be protected.
If you’re looking for a scooter that lights up, well sorry to tell you that this might not be the one for you. Also, the scooter is too small for 13- or 15-year-old teenagers.
You may find some issues with turning. However, when it comes to gliding, this glider is the best one there is.
Look no further and get one for your child today!
- Adjustable T-locking bar from 14.5 to 24 inches to fit tall & short kids
- Durable aluminum frame for the sturdiest & safest rides on many terrains
- Folding design makes it great for travel & storage at home
- Soft grips that are safe & comfy for little hands
- The scooter doesn’t light up
- Not the best for teens
- Does not turn very well
New Olym 3 Wheel Scooter for Kids
Want a quiet scooter that runs smoothly and doesn’t make annoying squeaky noises? Then, this is the one you have been looking for.
This model is ideal for travel because it requires no assembly. With the patented folding system, you can fold the thing up and put it in a car or suitcase in just seconds.
With wear-resistant PU wheels, you can play with this thing for a long time without experiencing any annoying squeaky sounds.
Turning right or left is super easy thanks to the lean-to-steer technology. The handlebar goes from 24.4 to 32.4 inches, which is great for toddlers and teenagers as well.
In terms of price, this version is quite pricey. Also, the manuals are not very helpful for beginners.
To cap it all up, this scooter still scores points because it delivers a quality ride for the most quality time with your kids.
- Mini toddler scooter with a patented folding system that can be folded in seconds
- T-bar extends from 24.4 to 32.4 inches to suit toddlers & teenagers
- Turn right & turn left easily with lean-to-steer control
- Super quiet thanks to the wear-resistant PU wheels
- Quite pricey
- Instruction manuals are not helpful
Little Tikes Lean to Turn Scooter, Pink
Can be easily packed into a suitcase, this is one of the best scooters you can find for your beautiful toddlers.
Thanks to the smart low-to-the-ground deck design, toddlers will enjoy easier balance and support.
Although the scooter itself is not foldable, you can remove the handlebar in just seconds with the quick release mechanism.
The 2 additional front wheels will make the overall scooter sturdy and strong. Despite that, the scooter is very lightweight, making it easy to control for young riders.
Note that this handlebar cannot be adjusted. Also, turning on the scooter requires some weight distribution movements, which can be tricky for first-timers.
Overall, this is a super cute pink scooter that is easy and safe to ride for your little girls.
- The low-to-the-ground deck design for easier balance & support
- Quick-release handlebar for super easy & compact storage
- 2 additional front wheels for enhanced sturdiness
- Heavy-duty plastic construction that is lightweight for toddlers to handle
- The handlebar is not adjustable
- This model cannot be folded up
- Turning can be quite tricky for first-timers
3 Wheel Toddler Scooter for 4-7 years old
YBIKE GLX Kid 3 Wheel Scooter, 12cm
Want the best pro scooter for your growing-up kids or children in grade 1? This GLX model can certainly deliver.
With the unique handlebar design, you can easily adjust the height from 28 to 32.5 inches. This suits shorter to taller kids very comfortably.
Also, you will get two 125mm front wheels making your rides safe, fast, and fun.
The fender brake is easy to use. It provides the most responsive stopping power every single time for little boys and girls.
Although the model is not foldable, you can remove the T-bar for easy storage.
The price is quite expensive and the 3 wheel scooter for kids does not ship fully assembled. You do need to follow the instruction manual to get it assembled.
If you are willing to get a great design, awesome build quality, and superb safety, then this is money well spent on your kids’ enjoyable experience.
- Extendable handlebar from 28 to 32.5 inches to suit multiple heights
- 125mm front wheels for great stability & smooth rides
- Easy-to-use fender brake for the best protection & stopping power every time
- This model is not foldable
- The scooter is quite pricey
- You do need to assemble it
Radio Flyer Lean ‘N Glide Scooter with Light Up Wheels Vehicle, Red
If lights are your kids’ thing, then this is the best scooter for them!
With high-performance wheels that light up while rolling, your children will look cooler than ever riding this thing.
Thanks to its lean-to-steer mechanism, the scooter can help kids develop their coordination and motor skills from early on.
With the responsive foot brake, little feet can easily stop the scooter in the most sudden situations.
Assembly takes less than 30 seconds because there are only 2 pieces to put together.
This model may not suit taller kids because the max height is around 30 inches. Also, if riders are over 60 lbs, then this may not be the ideal choice.
For such a good price, this children’s scooter offers so much value for your money and for the kids’ growing up journey.
- High-performance wheels that light up while riding for extra fun
- An easy lean-to-steer mechanism to help kids develop coordination & skills
- Responsive foot brake to help small feet stop the scooter easily
- Minimal assembly to save you time & headaches
- May not fit taller kids
- Not suitable for kids over 60 lbs
EEDAN Scooter for Kids 3 Wheel
Want a sturdy and safe scooter for your kids? This version with 2 back wheels and nylon strengthen deck will not disappoint.
The deck is made from strong PP plastic and reinforced with nylon for extra durability.
The thicken brake and fender will also take the abuse from daredevils or very active kids super amazingly.
Turning on the scooter is easy. All you need to do is leaning your body sideways.
You may need to cover your nose when you open the package. Because the smell stinks.
Also, the quick release clamp may not be tightened in some cases. Be sure to double-check.
All in all, this is a great scooter for your active children at a great price point.
- Nylon strengthen deck with delicacy slot to easily put in the T-bar
- 2 back wheels offering the smoothest & most stable rides even over cracks
- Thicken brake to withstand the heaviest abuse by daredevils & active kids
- Control turning easily by using the physical incline
- The stinky smell upon arrival of the shipment
- The quick-release clamp doesn’t tighten very well
6KU Kids Kick Scooter Pink
Getting a great birthday or Christmas present for your lovely girls cannot be complete without her awesome pink scooter. For such a need, this model is the way to go!
With an upgraded safety locking system on the T-bar, you can easily extend the tube from 26 up to 30 inches.
You will also get improved stability and super easy balancing because the wheels on this thing are extra-wide.
The 6-inch deck is super wide to stand on comfortably. It can even hold up to 110 lbs.
The best news is that the scooter comes fully assembled so you don’t need to waste time doing the assembly stuff.
Note, however, that this model is not suitable for toddlers. It is too high. Compared to other models, this one is quite heavy. Also, you can’t charge the scooter because it is not battery-powered.
The big picture is this is an excellent complete scooter that will guarantee your kids’ fun and educational experience.
- Upgraded safety locking on the handlebar to extend from 26 to 30 inches
- Extra-wide wheels for improved stability & easy balancing
- Safe wide deck to stand on comfortably & hold up 110 lbs
- A completely built scooter to save you time & hard work
- Not made for toddlers
- The scooter is quite heavy
- Not a battery-powered scooter
XJD 3 Wheel Scooter for Toddlers
Showing off your cool moves has never been more fun and exciting with this amazing light-up scooter!
While other models only have wheels that are lighting up, this version right here has both the wheels and deck light up with cool LED flashlights changing color.
It will make riders look cooler than ever!
Growing kids can comfortably stop the scooter thanks to its extra-wide sensitive brake.
Made from aluminum alloy, the steering pipe is both strong, sturdy, and lightweight.
In just some seconds, you can turn the pipe to adjust the height to fit your kids. In the same way, you can fold this scooter up for storage easily.
Unfortunately, you have to get your own batteries if you want a beautiful light show. Also, because the scooter has some electronic parts, it may not do well in a humid environment.
This is a kick scooter so there is no motorized part on it.
In sum, this is an attractive scooter that can be a partner for your growing up toddlers for years.
- LED Flashlights deck & wheels for the most fun riding experience
- Extra-wide brake making it easy for small & large feet to use
- Aluminum alloy pipe that is safe for kids & rust-resistant
- Simple turning mechanism to adjust the best height for you
- No AAA batteries included in the box
- Does not do well in a humid environment
- No motorized part
3 Wheel Scooter for 8-12 years old
Micro Maxi Original 3-Wheeled
For taller or school-age kids, this scooter would be the most reliable partner for years.
The Built-in Maxi steering stick goes from 24 to 34 inches. This would fit kids from 5 to those who are in grade 1, grade 2, or over 15 years of age.
Thanks to the unique PU wheels, the scooter provides the smoothest glides on urban and suburban roads or sidewalks alike.
You have the flexibility of choosing between a JoyStick, which is great for carving, or a T-bar, which is fantastic for balance.
Also, you will get a rainbow of color choices with this model. From blue to pink, purple, or yellow, your children will absolutely love them!
This can be a downside because some customers are confused by the shades of the colors.
If you have toddlers in the house, the scooter may not be perfect for them to ride. Because it is too big.
Also, because a pilot stick is not included, you do need to get one if you want one for your kids.
In summary, this 3-wheeled scooter is a fantastic choice for a kid 13 years, 15 years, or kids in grade 1. Nice stuff!
- Maxi steering stick extends from 24 to 34 inches to suit taller riders
- PU wheels for the smoothest glides on urban & suburban roads
- Flexible options between curved JoyStick or traditional T-bar
- Many color options making kids look cool, cute & professional
- May be too big for toddlers
- A pilot stick is not included
- Some customers are confused with the colors
WonderView Kids 3 Wheel Scooter, Purpl
This is another great option for bigger kids. With its sturdy deck, the scooter can hold up to 154 lbs.
Equipped with a unique stainless steel base, you will enjoy a more stable and safer ride compared to many other models.
With the wheel’s diameter up to 4.7 inches, the scooter will be easy for kids to stand on and learn how to balance properly.
The deck is also anti-slip so you don’t have to worry about your kids’ safety when playing with the scooter.
If you’re looking for a scooter for an 18-year-old, this is not the one. Also, it would be cool if this scooter could be folded up for storage.
In any case, this still is a good deal that is worth your money.
- Sturdy deck to hold a weight up to 154 lbs
- Stainless steel base for a more stable & safer ride
- Wheel diameter up to 4.7 inches for the best stability
- Anti-slip deck so your kids can stand safely & enjoy the ride
- Not the best for 18-year-old
- Does not fold for storage
Razor Power Rider 360 Electric Tricycle
Ready to power up your game with this Razor motorized scooter? Then, you must give this one a try.
Featuring a push-button throttle, the scooter can take you up to 9 mph with up to 30 minutes of fun playtime.
At the front of the scooter is a high-impact pneumatic tire that can absorb shocks and bumps along the way.
At the rear, you will find caster wheels that make cutting 360-degree spins, slides and drifts super easy and fun. Kids will look like a pro doing these tricks.
Stopping the scooter is as easy as squeezing a lemon thanks to its hand-operated brake.
Because this is a motorized scooter, it can be tricky for kids to learn at first. Also, this is not recommended for kids under 8.
It would be more amazing if the seat on the scooter could be adjusted.
Other than those drawbacks, this is an amazing toy for your little daredevils and speed lovers! Take it home & enjoy the ride!
- Push-button throttle for speed control up to 9 mph
- Rear caster wheels to cut 360-degree spins, slides & drifts
- Hand-operated brake making it easy for kids to use
- High-impact pneumatic tire to absorb shocks along the way
- Not the most suitable for kids under 8
- The seat height is not adjustable
- Tricky for beginners to learn at first
Lascoota Kid 3 Wheel Scooter
If you truly believe sharing is caring and want your kids to learn the good manner of sharing toys with siblings, then this is the most valuable scooter you can get.
This is a 2-in-1 scooter that features a height-adjustable seat for toddlers and height-adjustable T-bar for grade 1, grade 2, or teenage kids.
You can adjust the seat on 3 levels to suit your kids’ height. You can adjust the handlebar on 4 notches for the best riding experience.
Even cooler, the wheels light up when you ride and they have 4 different colors all in one!
Made from stainless steel and ABS plastic, the foot brake is very intuitive to use in every situation.
Be aware that some nuts and screws may get loose over time. Therefore, check them regularly to make sure they are tightened.
Keep in mind that you may notice some bad smell coming from the package and scooter when you first open the package.
To conclude, this awesome 2-in-1 scooter will make it easy for toddlers to ride and make your older children look cool when riding! Share the love!
- Height-adjustable seat for toddler girls & boys to sit & steer
- 4-level extendable handlebar that goes up to 34 inches for bigger siblings
- Light-up wheels with 4 colors for the maximum fun & coolness
- Stainless steel ABS construction for the most durable foot brake system
- Nuts & screws may become loose
- May be too low to the ground for some
- Some bad smell upon first unpacking
YESINDEED 3 Wheel Scooter for Kids
If investing in a toy that will provide long-term value for your kids is your thing, then you can’t miss out on this great scooter.
With 4 height notches, you can easily fit kids from 3 to 12 years of age. It is great for growing-up kids.
Engineered with heavy-duty deck, the scooter can hold up to an amazing 165 lbs. Also, with its aluminum body, your kids will get the best base support and stability they need.
The children’s fingers, palms, and hands are safe with no-slip grips on the T-bar.
Keep in mind before purchasing that this model is not foldable. Also, the color options are quite limited.
In summary, this is a heavy-duty scooter that will give your younger and bigger kids a blast!
- The heavy-duty deck that can hold a load up to 165 lbs
- 4 handlebar heights to fit toddlers to big kids
- No-slip grips for the safest ride every time
- Aluminum body to provide stability & great base support
- Not a foldable scooter
- Limited color options
BELEEV Scooter for Kids 3 Wheel
This scooter will save you so much money and time thanks to its clever no-battery-required light-up feature.
The wheels will light up thanks to centrifugal force without any electrical juice needed.
Also, with the best-in-the-world ABEC 7 bearings, your scooter will glide smoothly like butter even on cracks or the most uneven roads.
Little angels or mini daredevils’ hands will be protected thanks to the special shock-absorbing foam grips on the handlebar.
This model is not ideal for toddlers because the handlebar is too high for them. Also, this is not a motorized scooter.
Other than that, the scooter will provide a fast, fun, and enjoyable experience for your kids. Also, it saves you money.
- No batteries needed for the lighting up feature of the wheels to save money
- High rebound ABEC-7 bearings wheels that roll like butter on uneven surfaces
- Shock-absorbing foam grips to protect kids’ hands
- Not ideal for toddlers
- Not a motorized scooter
The Ultimate Guide To Choosing Best 3 Wheel Scooter For Kids In 2019
Although handlebar height differs from model to model, here are some general recommendations:
Handlebars from 25.4 to 32.7 inches can suit kids from 33 to 60 inches tall.
There are some models with handlebars around 14.5 inches to suit toddlers who are beginning to ride.
As a rule of thumb, if the tube is around 20 inches, it would fit kids from 3-7 generally. If the tube is in the 30-inch range, it would be a better fit for taller kids from 8 to 12.
Scooter Weight Limit
Many scooters nowadays can take over 100 lbs of load. See what type of material the deck is made from. That would be a good indicator of its weight capacity.
Here is a quick summary:
|Scooter Model||Weight Limit (lbs)|
|Radio Flyer Lean 'N Glide||60|
|6KU Kids Kick Scooter||110|
|YESINDEED 3 Wheel Scooter||165|
|WonderView Kids 3 Wheel Scooter||154|
|Razor Power Rider||120|
Foldable Or Not
Many people need a foldable scooter to save storage space at home or make it easier to carry when traveling.
Although some models are not foldable, you can easily detach the steering tube to save space.
Many folding mechanisms allow the user to fold the scooter in less than 5 seconds.
If this is your thing, check out these models right here:
- New Olym Kids Scooters
- Razor Jr. Folding Kiddie 3 Wheel Scooter
- Deluxe Aluminum 3 Wheel Glider
- XJD 3 Wheel Scooter
1. Are scooters good for toddlers?
Scooters are a good way for toddlers to learn how to balance, develop coordination, and motor skills. Many parents buy scooters for their toddlers because they are cheap, easy to use, easy to assemble, and have the pink or blue version that the kids love.
2. How old should a child be to ride a scooter?
Children who are beginning to walk their first steps in life can ride a scooter. It is usually recommended for kids from 2 and up. Many models are specifically designed for 18-month-old kids.
3. How do you teach a kid to ride a scooter?
You can teach them by showing them visually the motion of leaning your body forward or backward. Also, when they are on the scooter, you can guide them step by step.
If they want to use the brake, explain that they can step their foot on the fender and the scooter will stop.
If they want to turn left or right, they should lean their body sideways to that direction. Going forward, they only need to lean forward.
To speed up the scooter, kick to gain speed.
If you are extra careful, have them do some test rides before allowing them to go out on the sidewalks. Also, be sure to protect them with helmets and knee/elbow pads.
If you have multiple kids in the house, the older ones can teach and watch the younger ones.
During the process, if you see they make any mistakes or have any difficulties, be sure to correct them properly.
It would be a great idea to videotape your kids while they are scootering.
First, it is great for memory. Second, kids can see themselves doing the moves more easily and improve on them.
That concludes our detailed review for the best 3 wheel scooter for kids today! What do you guys think? Were you able to pick a model that the little ones like? Be sure to check out more awesome posts on our blog. Until next time, peace!